- Former Florida Governor Collins and his mother meeting Florida Governor Kirk
- Photographed on May 3, 1967.
- In the back left to right is Doyle Conner, Commissioner of Agriculture and Floyd Christian, Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- After an investigation by a House committee and a grand jury, Commissioner of Education Floyd T. Christian resigned April 25, 1974. His resignation came as the committee prepared impeachment articles. Christian had been indicted on nineteen counts of bribery, conspiracy, and perjury after the grand jury's inquiry into the commissioner's handling of state contracts. Christian pleaded no contest to the state charges and was sentenced to seven years probation and fined $11,000. On federal income tax evasion charge, Christian served six months at the Elgin prison.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
- Conner, Doyle, 1928-2012
- Kirk, Claude R. (Claude Roy), Jr., 1926-2011
- Collins, Mattie Brandon, 1879-1973
- Collins, LeRoy (Thomas LeRoy), 1909-1991.
- Christian, Floyd T., 1914-1998.
Learn more about the Political collection »