- Florida Governor Reubin Askew and Commissioner of Education Floyd Christian
- Photographed on November 22, 1971.
- Florida Governor Reubin Askew (center) and State Commissioner of Education Floyd Christian (left) meet with black leaders of a march from Marianna, Florida protesting the suspension of several black students involved in a fight at the school with several white students. Askew told the protesters he had no authority under the law to reinstate the suspended black students.
- United Press International.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Political collection »