- Florida Governor Askew looks on as Carmen Pascual is sworn by a Supreme Court Justice
- Photographed on January 22, 1971.
- Florida Governor Reubin Askew (left) looks on as 17-year-old Carmen Pascual of Plantation is sworn in as Governor of Girl's State by Supreme Court Justice Joseph Boyd. Governor Askew delivered an address to the young lawmakers then the girls got down to state business for the day.
- United Press International.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Political collection »