- Senator McGovern jokes with the Florida Superintendent of Elections
- Photographed on March 9, 1972.
- McGovern joked with Florida Superintendent of Elections, Dorothy (Dot) Glisson, about the amount of money that had been declared so far by reported Democratic front runner Edmund Muskie who had reported around $465 so far. McGovern had reported $71,000 in his campaign. In the center background is Rep. Talbot (Sandy) 'Alemberte of Miami a McGovern supporter.
- Talbot (Sandy) D'Alemberte later chaired the 1978 Constitutional Revision Commission
- Mrs. Dorothy (Dot) Glisson would become the first woman to serve as member of the Florida Sate Cabinet and was appointed Secretary of State by Governor Reubin Askew on July 8, 1974. Mrs Glisson, a careerist in the Department of State, completed the term, to January 7, 1975, of Secretary of State Richard (Dick) Stone, who had resigned to run for the U. S. Senate. She was not a candidate for election.
Additional Corporate Creator
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Political collection »