- Old Saint Augustine Road - Tallahassee, Florida
- New York : Leighton & Valentine, [19--?]
- Originally an old Spanish trail from the San Luis Mission to St. Augustine. In the 1820s the Federal Government authorized an earthen road to be constructed from St. Augustine to Pensacola, with Tallahassee at its midpoint; this became the Old St. Augustine Road (still in use as a paved street in Tallahassee). The St. Augustine-Tallahassee leg of this road was constructed by a private contractor, John Bellamy; for this reason, the Old St. Augustine Road was also known as the Bellamy Road.
- Postmarked August 9, 1911.
- 1 postcard - col. - 9 x 14 cm.
Learn more about the Postcard collection »