- Celebration of return of a captured Confederate battle flag.
- Photographed on the steps of the capitol.
- Middle in white suit: Governor Martin., next, Secretary of State Crawford.
- Right: Colonel Thomas J. Appleyard.
- Recent research (2010) by the Museum of Florida History and a private flag scholar indicates there is a question whether the 111th Ohio Infantry Regiment captured this flag at the Battle of Franklin, TN on Nov. 30, 1864, or two weeks later at the Battle of Nashville, TN. Further research has raised doubt that this flag was captured from a Florida unit. See also: GV008237.
- 1 photonegative - b&w - 4 x 5 in.
Learn more about the General collection »