- Celebration of the return of a captured Confederate battle flag.
- Photographed in September 1927.
- Photographed on the steps of the capitol.
- The event was also attended by Governor John W. Martin.
- Recent research (2010) by the Museum of Florida History and a private flag scholar indicates there is a question whether the 111th Ohio Infantry Regiment captured this flag at the Battle of Franklin, TN on Nov. 30, 1864, or two weeks later at the Battle of Nashville, TN. Further research has raised doubt that this flag was captured from a Florida unit. See also: N046316.
- Speaking: Colonel Thomas Jefferson Appleyard.
- Holding flag : (L) Jordan B. Royal, (R) John Reardon.
- Seated : Secretary of State H. Clay Crawford.
- 1 photonegative - b&w - 4 x 5 in.
Learn more about the General collection »