- Letters from Gov. Moseley to the petitioners seeking clemency for a female slave
- Letter from Governor William D. Moseley to petitioners seeking clememency for and asking execution of Celia, a female slave convicted in Duval Circuit Court of manslaughter for killing her master. Moseley stayed her execution until Sept. 22nd, 1849. Celia was the first woman executed by the State of Florida.
- Page 3 of a three part letter. See also page 1, n045354, and page 2, n045355.
- Moseley was the first governor under statehood.
- 1 photonegative - b&w - 5 x 4 in.
Learn more about the General collection »