- Front view of the Union Bank building - Tallahassee, Florida
- Possibly photographed in 1961 or 1962.
- Located at 108 South Monroe Avenue.
- The building was built ca. 1830 by William Williams. The bank failed in 1843, and later operated as a Freedman's bank from after the Civil War until 1879. The building has been used as a church, feed store, art house, coffee house, dance studio, locksmith's shop, beauty shop, and shoe factory. Moved in 1971 from the original site on the west side of Adams, between College and Park, to just east of the Capitol on Apalachee Parkway and Calhoun Avenue.
- 1 photonegative - b&w - 4 x 5 in.
Learn more about the General collection »