- Sampson Roddenberry - Greenough, Florida
- Sampson Roddenberry was the son of George Roddenberry, one of seven children.
- He came to Wakulla County about 1845 at the age of 29. He died a prosperous farmer in 1902, at the age of 86.
- Roddenberry served in the 2nd Seminole War in 1837, and later fought at the Battle of Natural Bridge in 1865.
- He was married four times, and had 21 children. Six children he had with Sallie Michael, who died in 1850; he fathered nine children with Martha Winburn (died ca. 1965); and he and Catherine Syfret had six children in all. He finally married to Sarah Carraway, but they had no children.
- 1 photonegative - b&w - 5 x 4 in.
Learn more about the General collection »