- Close-up view of an unidentified man watching the Free Sandford rally by FSU students at the Capitol - Tallahassee, Florida.
- Accompanying note: "FSU students demonstrating for the release of Phil Sandford, a graduate student and activist from Australia."
- He had been arrested on 5/13/1969 for charges of disorderly conduct and interfering with police officers. Sentenced to 18 months, Sandford was ultimately deported, a historically common method for getting rid of radicals.
- Buckley's photography focused primarily on civil rights demonstrations, anti-war rallies, anti-nuclear demonstrations, and women's rights demonstrations.
- 1 photonegative - b&w - 35 mm.
Learn more about the John Buckley collection »