- Governor John W. Martin with flag on steps of the Capitol - Tallahassee, Florida.
- Photographed in September 1927.
- Shown during a celebration of the return of a captured Confederate battle flag.
- L-R: Governor Martin, Jordan B. Royal, H. Clay Crawford, John Reardon and T.J. Appleyard.
- Recent research (2010) by the Museum of Florida History and a private flag scholar indicates there is a question whether the 111th Ohio Infantry Regiment captured this flag at the Battle of Franklin, TN on Nov. 30, 1864, or two weeks later at the Battle of Nashville, TN. Further research has raised doubt that this flag was captured from a Florida unit.
- See also: N046315.
- Mrs. Catherine Parramore, Gift.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Reference collection »