- Louise Frisbie and Ed Brooks at monument to the memory of Captain George S. Payne - Wauchula, Florida
- Captain George S. Payne was killed in an Indian uprising on July 17, 1849, at a trading post near Wauchula, Florida.
- Louise Frisbie was a life-long Floridian, distinguished historian, and prodigious collector of photographs. She was a member of the Polk County Historical Commission for many years and was editor of the Polk County Historical Quarterly for four years. She was honored by the Florida Senate for her contributions to the preservation of regional history and by the Polk County Historical Association for service to the association and to the county. She authored three books pertaining to Florida history: Peace River Pioneers; Yesterday's Polk County; and Florida's Fabled Inns.
- L-R : Louise Frisbie, Ed Brooks.
- 1 photonegative - b&w - 35 mm.
Learn more about the Louise Frisbie collection »