- Lady lights candles at Union Bank - Tallahassee, Florida.
- Photographed on December 3, 1984.
- The candles are decoration for Christmas.
- The building was built ca. 1830 by William Williams. It was chartered in 1832 or 1833 under the organization of John G. Gamble. It was designed to help planters. The bank failed with the collapse of the land boom in 1837, and the bank had its banking powers suspended by a legislative act in 1843. It operated as a Freedman's bank from just after the Civil War, until 1879.
- 1 photonegative - b&w - 35 mm.
- Shelf number 10582GB1f14.
Learn more about the Deborah Thomas Collection »