|sle_tourist-attractions-miscellaneous_06||Thrills in the Fun Triangle of Florida Brochure, ca. 1966||text||Tourism--Florida|
|sle_charlotte_01||The Story of Gasparilla, booklet, 1946||text||Gaspar, José, -- 1756-1821|
The Story of Gasparilla, booklet, 1946
- Souvenir booklet of the Pirate Gasparilla edition of the 1916 Charlotte Harbor Northern Railway Co., 1946 by G.H. Wickman.
|s303_b010_f18_45||Telegram to Commissioner of Education Floyd Christian from FSU Teacher Fellowship Program Expressing Support for FEA During Teachers' Strike, 1968||text||Strikes and lockouts--Teachers|
Teachers' unions--Officials and employees
Labor unions--Political activity
Universities and colleges--Faculty--Attitudes
Teachers--Salaries, pensions, etc.
|flc_917.5965-t159_01||Tampa, Florida - pamphlet, 1910||text||City promotion|
Tampa, Florida - pamphlet, 1910
- Promotional Pamphlet for Tampa, published by the Tampa Board of Trade in 1910. Topics covered include a brief history of the city, popular accommodations for visitors, economic data, information about education and health facilities, climate data, and other information designed to attract potential visitors and residents. Of note is a section on automobiles - 500 were in operation at this time in Tampa, and the speed limit had recently been raised from 8 to 12 miles per hour. The pamphlet also discusses Tampa's proximity to the Panama Canal as one of its most useful qualities. A relevant diagram is included, along with mileage statistics.
|m95-2_b001_f07_01||Sixth Annual Catalogue of the Daytona Educational and Industrial Training School for Negro Girls, Daytona Beach, 1910-1911||text||African American college students|
African Americans--Florida--Daytona Beach
African American women--Florida--Daytona Beach
African American universities and colleges
Sixth Annual Catalogue of the Daytona Educational and Industrial Training School for Negro Girls, Daytona Beach, 1910-1911
- This 1910-1911 catalog for the Daytona Educational and Industrial School for Negro girls lists the faculty at the school; the trustees and board of supervision; what the school has accomplished up to that point; the course of study and curriculum at the school; the government and discipline at the school; the school's religious work; religious organizations on campus; information about the reading room; general information about the school; the needs of the school; and a list of students enrolled in 1910-1911, where they are from and what they are studying. There are photographs of students and the school throughout the catalog.
|m82-133_b001_f01_01||Second Annual Florida Air Cruise Itinerary, 1935||text||Aviation|
Second Annual Florida Air Cruise Itinerary, 1935
- An itinerary for the Florida Air Cruise from January 9-23, 1935. The cruise was sponsored by the Florida Department of Aviation and invited private fliers and their guests to fly from Orlando-Lakeland to Ocala with stops along at different landing fields. Fliers were to receive special rates at each stop. Interested parties were asked to complete the attached "Cruise Card" to participate.
|m93-11_b002_f23_01||Program of the Inauguration of Farris Bryant as Governor of the State of Florida, January 3, 1961||text||/fmp/selected_documents/thumbnails/m93-11_b002_f23_01.jpg
|m87-46_b001_f01_x01||Official Souvenir Program of the American Legion Annual State Reunion, 1921||text||Veterans|
Congresses and conventions--Florida--Orange County--Orlando
Official Souvenir Program of the American Legion Annual State Reunion, 1921
- The official souvenir program for the annual reunion and third annual convention of the Florida American Legion. The program contains numerous advertisements from businesses around Florida; a list of state officers of the American Legion Department of Florida; information about the American Legion with histories of Florida posts; a program of events; and a history and map of Orlando. The back of the book contains an index of all the businesses advertised.
|s79_b01_f38_01||National Organization for Women ERA pamphlet||text||Equal rights amendments|
Women -- Legal status, laws, etc
|m95-2_b001_f06_01||National Council of Negro Women Brochure, 1946||text||African American women|
National Council of Negro Women -- History
African American women -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century
African American women -- Social conditions
National Council of Negro Women Brochure, 1946
- This brochure describes the mission and history of the National Council of Negro Women (NCNW). There are photographs of some of the members of the NCNW, a list of affiliated organizations and a list of the metropolitan councils of the NCNW by region.