|Leaflet advertising the Plant System's Overland and Short Sea Route, ca. 1892
|Florida -- Description and travel
Resorts -- Florida -- Guidebooks
|Flier for the Irving Bacheller Florida History Prize Contest, 1937
Flier for the Irving Bacheller Florida History Prize Contest, 1937
- Flier describing rules and procedures for the Irving Bacheller Florida History Prize Contest, held under the auspices of Rollins College. The contest was founded in 1920 by Irving Bacheller to "stimulate greater interest among the high school students of Florida in the study of Florida history." The flier explained the requirements for entries, as well as a description of the sources to be used and the theme. This year's theme was "Historic Landmarks in My County." The flier also lists the members of the contest committee. Joshua Coffin Chase, president of the Florida Historical Society, was the honorary chairman.
|Florida Woman's Christian Temperance Union Eighty-Fourth Annual Convention program
|"Y" Camp and W.C.T.U. School Brochure
|"Y" Camp President's Night Banquet Menu and Program
|Sanford, Florida: The Celery City, 1909
|Advertising -- Florida
Sanford, Florida: The Celery City, 1909
- Booklet published by the Sanford Herald advertising the city of Sanford as "The Celery City." The booklet contains photographs of the city, announces farming opportunities, lists amenities and describes the area around Sanford.
|Official Souvenir Program of the Fourth Annual State Convention of American Legion, 1922
Congresses and conventions--Florida--Palm Beach County--Palm Beach
Official Souvenir Program of the Fourth Annual State Convention of American Legion, 1922
- The souvenir program for the annual reunion of ex-servicemen and fourth annual convention of the American Legion. The program contains numerous advertisements from businesses around Florida; a list of state officers of the American Legion Department of Florida; information about the American Legion with histories of Florida posts; a program of events; and a map of West Palm Beach.
|Map Showing Top 8 Sites for a Proposed Space University, 1963
|Universities and colleges--Planning
Map Showing Top 8 Sites for a Proposed Space University, 1963
- Map showing the eight leading sites under consideration for the new university in East Central Florida authorized by the legislature in 1963. The university had been called for in a Report on Space Era Education delivered to Governor Farris Bryant earlier in the year.
|Lawton Chiles U.S. Senate Campaign Progress Reports from Walking Tour of Florida, 1970
Agriculture and state
Vietnam Conflict, 1961-1975
Lawton Chiles U.S. Senate Campaign Progress Reports from Walking Tour of Florida, 1970
- Series of newsletters published by Lawton Chiles' 1970 campaign for U.S. Senate during Chiles' walk across Florida. The reports describe the route Chiles took, as well as the people he met and the topics they discussed. Other politicians, representing local and state governments, joined Chiles at various points, including state senators Dempsey Barron and Wilbur Boyd, and State Superintendent of Instruction Thomas D. Bailey. Chiles walked all the way from Century in Escambia County to Key Largo, stopping in Tallahassee for the legislative session. Chiles was a state senator representing the Lakeland region at this time.
|Florida Turnpike and Interstate System Brochure, 1966
Florida Turnpike and Interstate System Brochure, 1966
- Brochure with detailed map of the Florida Turnpike system, along with other major state and federal highways. Mileage charts and useful information about the Florida Turnpike's facilities are included.