|Florida Turnpike and Interstate System Brochure, 1966
Florida Turnpike and Interstate System Brochure, 1966
- Brochure with detailed map of the Florida Turnpike system, along with other major state and federal highways. Mileage charts and useful information about the Florida Turnpike's facilities are included.
|Lawton Chiles U.S. Senate Campaign Progress Reports from Walking Tour of Florida, 1970
Agriculture and state
Vietnam Conflict, 1961-1975
Lawton Chiles U.S. Senate Campaign Progress Reports from Walking Tour of Florida, 1970
- Series of newsletters published by Lawton Chiles' 1970 campaign for U.S. Senate during Chiles' walk across Florida. The reports describe the route Chiles took, as well as the people he met and the topics they discussed. Other politicians, representing local and state governments, joined Chiles at various points, including state senators Dempsey Barron and Wilbur Boyd, and State Superintendent of Instruction Thomas D. Bailey. Chiles walked all the way from Century in Escambia County to Key Largo, stopping in Tallahassee for the legislative session. Chiles was a state senator representing the Lakeland region at this time.
|Letter from Mrs. Donald O. (Harriet) Drown to Governor Doyle Carlton Regarding Tax Payments during the Great Depression, 1932
|Official Souvenir Program of the Fourth Annual State Convention of American Legion, 1922
Congresses and conventions--Florida--Palm Beach County--Palm Beach
Official Souvenir Program of the Fourth Annual State Convention of American Legion, 1922
- The souvenir program for the annual reunion of ex-servicemen and fourth annual convention of the American Legion. The program contains numerous advertisements from businesses around Florida; a list of state officers of the American Legion Department of Florida; information about the American Legion with histories of Florida posts; a program of events; and a map of West Palm Beach.
|Sponge Fishing at Tarpon Springs Florida: The Most Unique Industry in the World by A. W. Santway
|Greek Americans--Florida--Tarpon Springs
Sponge trade--Florida--Tarpon Springs
Sponge Fishing at Tarpon Springs Florida: The Most Unique Industry in the World by A. W. Santway
- 1929 (circa)
- Santway writes about the history of sponge fishing in Florida. Information includes how Greek sponge divers came to the United States; the different varies of sponges found in the ocean; a description of how sponges are harvested; the monetary value of sponges; and how Epiphany is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Greek sponge divers and their families in Tarpon Springs.
|Spring Bayou Inn Brochure
Spring Bayou Inn Brochure
- 1980 (circa)
- Brochure on the history and accommodations of the Spring Bayou Inn in Tarpon Springs.
|Tarpon Springs Centennial Celebration, 1987 - program
|Thrills in the Fun Triangle of Florida Brochure, ca. 1966
|Undertakers and Coffin Dealers Record of Coffin Sales, 1926-1928
Registers of births, etc.
African Americans--Florida--Jefferson County--Monticello
Undertakers and Coffin Dealers Record of Coffin Sales, 1926-1928
- 1926 (circa)
- A record of coffins sold by Kate Simmons' coffin shop in Monticello, Florida. The report contains the name of the deceased; their place of death; their sex, race, marital status and age; their date of death; and their cause of death. There is also the name and city of residence of the person who purchased the coffin for the deceased. Most of the deaths occurred in Jefferson County, Florida, with a few from Leon and Gadsden counties in Florida and Thomas County in Georgia.