|s732_b001_01||Booklet - Volusia County is the Best Place for the Space University, ca. 1963||Text||Universities and colleges--Planning|
Booklet - Volusia County is the Best Place for the Space University, ca. 1963
- 1963 (circa)
- Booklet describing the advantages of using a Volusia County site for a proposed new "space university." Such an institution was funded by the legislature and eventually opened as the Florida Technological University in Orlando, later known as the University of Central Florida.
|flc_917.5-q3_01||Florida and Havana: Queen and Crescent Route and Southern Railway, 1905||Text||Railroad trains|
Florida -- Description and travel
Florida -- Pictorial works
Florida and Havana: Queen and Crescent Route and Southern Railway, 1905
- A booklet describing what passengers would see as they traveled along the Queen and Crescent Route to Cuba and Nassau. The booklet includes detailed information about the American Civil War history of the stops along the route in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky and Georgia; hotels where passengers could stay; attractions passengers could see in these cities; and images of both the hotels and the attractions. The end of the booklet describes the automatic electric block signal system used along the route and has the timetables for trains and steamships.
|sle_transportation_04||Florida Turnpike and Interstate System Brochure, 1966||Text||Road maps|
Florida Turnpike and Interstate System Brochure, 1966
- Brochure with detailed map of the Florida Turnpike system, along with other major state and federal highways. Mileage charts and useful information about the Florida Turnpike's facilities are included.
|slc_1970-chiles_01||Lawton Chiles U.S. Senate Campaign Progress Reports from Walking Tour of Florida, 1970||Text||Political campaigns|
Agriculture and state
Vietnam Conflict, 1961-1975
Lawton Chiles U.S. Senate Campaign Progress Reports from Walking Tour of Florida, 1970
- Series of newsletters published by Lawton Chiles' 1970 campaign for U.S. Senate during Chiles' walk across Florida. The reports describe the route Chiles took, as well as the people he met and the topics they discussed. Other politicians, representing local and state governments, joined Chiles at various points, including state senators Dempsey Barron and Wilbur Boyd, and State Superintendent of Instruction Thomas D. Bailey. Chiles walked all the way from Century in Escambia County to Key Largo, stopping in Tallahassee for the legislative session. Chiles was a state senator representing the Lakeland region at this time.
|s732_b002_01||Map Showing Top 8 Sites for a Proposed Space University, 1963||Text||Universities and colleges--Planning|
Map Showing Top 8 Sites for a Proposed Space University, 1963
- Map showing the eight leading sites under consideration for the new university in East Central Florida authorized by the legislature in 1963. The university had been called for in a Report on Space Era Education delivered to Governor Farris Bryant earlier in the year.
|m87-46_b001_f01_x01||Official Souvenir Program of the American Legion Annual State Reunion, 1921||Text||Veterans|
Congresses and conventions--Florida--Orange County--Orlando
Official Souvenir Program of the American Legion Annual State Reunion, 1921
- The official souvenir program for the annual reunion and third annual convention of the Florida American Legion. The program contains numerous advertisements from businesses around Florida; a list of state officers of the American Legion Department of Florida; information about the American Legion with histories of Florida posts; a program of events; and a history and map of Orlando. The back of the book contains an index of all the businesses advertised.