|m84-31_b009_f08_01||Booklet - McClellan Park - Sarasota, Florida, ca. 1915||text||Housing development|
Land subdivision -- Planning
Booklet - McClellan Park - Sarasota, Florida, ca. 1915
- 1915 (circa)
- Booklet advertising McClellan Park, a 56-acre subdivision located south of downtown Sarasota. The subdivision was developed by Miss Katherine E. McClellan of Massachusetts, then the official photographer of Smith College. The booklet describes plans for the subdivision's property and amenities, and includes a bird's-eye illustration of the property and a map showing all of the individual parcels comprising the subdivision. The photos used in the booklet are attributed to McClellan herself.
|flc_917.5-q3_01||Florida and Havana: Queen and Crescent Route and Southern Railway, 1905||text||Railroad trains|
Florida -- Description and travel
Florida -- Pictorial works
Florida and Havana: Queen and Crescent Route and Southern Railway, 1905
- A booklet describing what passengers would see as they traveled along the Queen and Crescent Route to Cuba and Nassau. The booklet includes detailed information about the American Civil War history of the stops along the route in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky and Georgia; hotels where passengers could stay; attractions passengers could see in these cities; and images of both the hotels and the attractions. The end of the booklet describes the automatic electric block signal system used along the route and has the timetables for trains and steamships.
|sle_sports_02||Florida Grapefruit League Spring Training Schedule, 1963||text||Baseball|
Spring training (Baseball)
Sports and tourism
Florida Grapefruit League Spring Training Schedule, 1963
- Leaflet listing the schedule of exhibition games to be played by major-league baseball teams staying in Florida for spring training. Teams included the Baltimore Orioles, the Cincinnati Reds, the Kansas City Athletics, the Chicago White Sox, the Detroit Tigers, the Los Angeles Dodgers, the Milwaukee Braves, the New York Mets, the Philadelphia Phillies, the St. Louis Cardinals, the Minnesota Twins, the New York Yankees, the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Washington Senators.
|s908_b001_f24_01||"Help Beat the Axis with Prophylaxis" flier||text||/fmp/selected_documents/thumbnails/s908_b001_f24_01.jpg
"Help Beat the Axis with Prophylaxis" flier
- 1950 (circa)
- Flier advising service men to use prophylactics to prevent venereal disease; includes a list of army medical stations that provide them.
|slc_1970-chiles_01||Lawton Chiles U.S. Senate Campaign Progress Reports from Walking Tour of Florida, 1970||text||Political campaigns|
Agriculture and state
Vietnam Conflict, 1961-1975
Lawton Chiles U.S. Senate Campaign Progress Reports from Walking Tour of Florida, 1970
- Series of newsletters published by Lawton Chiles' 1970 campaign for U.S. Senate during Chiles' walk across Florida. The reports describe the route Chiles took, as well as the people he met and the topics they discussed. Other politicians, representing local and state governments, joined Chiles at various points, including state senators Dempsey Barron and Wilbur Boyd, and State Superintendent of Instruction Thomas D. Bailey. Chiles walked all the way from Century in Escambia County to Key Largo, stopping in Tallahassee for the legislative session. Chiles was a state senator representing the Lakeland region at this time.
|m85-5_b001_f02_x01||Letter from Thelma Boltin to Armand Ball, 1956||text||Playwriting|
Theater -- Florida
Performing arts -- Florida
Letter from Thelma Boltin to Armand Ball, 1956
- Letter from Thelma Boltin, director of special events at the Stephen Foster Memorial, to Armand Ball replying to his request that Boltin create a script for a performance at the American Camping Association convention. Boltin declines the opportunity and recommends two other Floridians capable of writing the script.
|s1046_b001_f01_03||License plate contest entry featuring bird, sailboat and slogan "Florida: The Senior State."||image||Automobile license plates|
|flc_917.5975-b442_01||Map of Florida showing New Town of Belleview, 1884||text||Land development||/fmp/selected_documents/thumbnails/flc_917.5975-b442_01.jpg
Map of Florida showing New Town of Belleview, 1884
- Map of the Florida peninsula accompanying a promotional booklet for Belleview in Marion County. The map shows railroads, bodies of water, settlements, and county boundaries. Included as a fold-out map in the back of the Marion Land and Improvement Company's Belleview: A New England Colony and Winter Home in the Highlands of Marion County, Florida (Lynn, Mass.: Lewis & Winship, 1886).
|sle_real-estate_01||McRorie's Tourist Guide, January 1933||text||Hotels -- Florida -- Guidebooks|
|n2015-1_b001_f11_41||Memorandum from CORE, Report of Cities with New Lunch Counters, December 8, 1960||text||Civil rights demonstrations|