|flc_917.5979-w371_02||Advertisement for the Savannah, Florida & Western Railway's "Waycross Short Line," 1883||text||Railroads|
Advertisement for the Savannah, Florida & Western Railway's "Waycross Short Line," 1883
- Advertisement for the Savannah, Florida & Western Railway's "Waycross Short Line," which connected a number of railroads coming from the north and west with Jacksonville. The ad also mentions connections with the South Florida Railroad. Printed on an unnumbered page following page 6 of Charles Henry Webber's The Eden of the South, Descriptive of the Orange Groves, Vegetable Farms, Strawberry Fields, Peach Orchards, Soil, Climate, Natural Peculiarities, and the People of Alachua County Florida (New York, 1883).
|n2004-1_b001_f09_01||Articles About Ruth Bryan Owen's Patriotic Pilgrimage, 1931||text||Women legislators--United States|
High school students
Articles About Ruth Bryan Owen's Patriotic Pilgrimage, 1931
- Two articles about Ruth Bryan Owen's Patriotic Pilgrimage. The first article lists the students attending the 1931 trip, and the second article is about the reunion of participants from the first Patriotic Pilgrimage in 1930.
|sle_transportation_04||Florida Turnpike and Interstate System Brochure, 1966||text||Road maps|
Florida Turnpike and Interstate System Brochure, 1966
- Brochure with detailed map of the Florida Turnpike system, along with other major state and federal highways. Mileage charts and useful information about the Florida Turnpike's facilities are included.
|sle_touristattraction-wildlife_01||Gatorland Zoo Brochure||text||Amusement parks--Florida--Orlando|
Gatorland Zoo Brochure
- 1971 (circa)
- This brochure describes the attractions and admissions prices for the Gatorland Zoo in Orlando.
|s1850_b006_f19_x01||Itinerary for Visit of Chinese Delegation to Florida, May-June 1979||text||Trade missions|
Non-state actors (International relations)
Itinerary for Visit of Chinese Delegation to Florida, May-June 1979
- Itinerary for a delegation of Chinese officials who toured Florida at the invitation of Commissioner of Agriculture Doyle Conner from May 31 to June 5, 1979. This was almost immediately relations between the United States and the People's Republic of China were normalized following decades of non-recognition. The document was typed in English, but Chinese translations were handwritten under each item on the schedule.
|flc_917.5925-k61||Kissimmee, Osceola County, Florida - The Cross-State City, ca. 1926||text||Place marketing|
Real estate development
|slc_1970-chiles_01||Lawton Chiles U.S. Senate Campaign Progress Reports from Walking Tour of Florida, 1970||text||Political campaigns|
Agriculture and state
Vietnam Conflict, 1961-1975
Lawton Chiles U.S. Senate Campaign Progress Reports from Walking Tour of Florida, 1970
- Series of newsletters published by Lawton Chiles' 1970 campaign for U.S. Senate during Chiles' walk across Florida. The reports describe the route Chiles took, as well as the people he met and the topics they discussed. Other politicians, representing local and state governments, joined Chiles at various points, including state senators Dempsey Barron and Wilbur Boyd, and State Superintendent of Instruction Thomas D. Bailey. Chiles walked all the way from Century in Escambia County to Key Largo, stopping in Tallahassee for the legislative session. Chiles was a state senator representing the Lakeland region at this time.
|sle_transportation_03||Map of the Dixie Highway System, 1919||text||Automobile travel|
United States--Dixie Highway
Map of the Dixie Highway System, 1919
- 1919 (circa)
- Map of the Dixie Highway system, drawn by Rudolph J. Shutting of Chattanooga. The map shows the route traversing the U.S. from Michigan and Chicago south to Miami, including alternate or auxiliary routes along the way. The Dixie Highway was first proposed in 1915 by Carl Graham Fisher.
|s732_b002_01||Map Showing Top 8 Sites for a Proposed Space University, 1963||text||Universities and colleges--Planning|
Map Showing Top 8 Sites for a Proposed Space University, 1963
- Map showing the eight leading sites under consideration for the new university in East Central Florida authorized by the legislature in 1963. The university had been called for in a Report on Space Era Education delivered to Governor Farris Bryant earlier in the year.
|sle_real-estate_01||McRorie's Tourist Guide, January 1933||text||Hotels -- Florida -- Guidebooks|