|sle_transportation_04||Florida Turnpike and Interstate System Brochure, 1966||text||Road maps|
Florida Turnpike and Interstate System Brochure, 1966
- Brochure with detailed map of the Florida Turnpike system, along with other major state and federal highways. Mileage charts and useful information about the Florida Turnpike's facilities are included.
|flc_634.3-p769_01||Information for Women Seeking Employment with The Polk Company Brochure, ca. 1920||text||Women -- Employment -- Florida|
Working class women -- Florida
Citrus fruit industry -- Florida
|s1850_b006_f19_x01||Itinerary for Visit of Chinese Delegation to Florida, May-June 1979||text||Trade missions|
Non-state actors (International relations)
Itinerary for Visit of Chinese Delegation to Florida, May-June 1979
- Itinerary for a delegation of Chinese officials who toured Florida at the invitation of Commissioner of Agriculture Doyle Conner from May 31 to June 5, 1979. This was almost immediately relations between the United States and the People's Republic of China were normalized following decades of non-recognition. The document was typed in English, but Chinese translations were handwritten under each item on the schedule.
|slc_1970-chiles_01||Lawton Chiles U.S. Senate Campaign Progress Reports from Walking Tour of Florida, 1970||text||Political campaigns|
Agriculture and state
Vietnam Conflict, 1961-1975
Lawton Chiles U.S. Senate Campaign Progress Reports from Walking Tour of Florida, 1970
- Series of newsletters published by Lawton Chiles' 1970 campaign for U.S. Senate during Chiles' walk across Florida. The reports describe the route Chiles took, as well as the people he met and the topics they discussed. Other politicians, representing local and state governments, joined Chiles at various points, including state senators Dempsey Barron and Wilbur Boyd, and State Superintendent of Instruction Thomas D. Bailey. Chiles walked all the way from Century in Escambia County to Key Largo, stopping in Tallahassee for the legislative session. Chiles was a state senator representing the Lakeland region at this time.
|s1046_b005_f02_02||License plate contest featuring child's artwork||image||Automobile license plates|
|sle_real-estate_01||McRorie's Tourist Guide, January 1933||text||Hotels -- Florida -- Guidebooks|
|m87-46_b001_f01_x01||Official Souvenir Program of the American Legion Annual State Reunion, 1921||text||Veterans|
Congresses and conventions--Florida--Orange County--Orlando
Official Souvenir Program of the American Legion Annual State Reunion, 1921
- The official souvenir program for the annual reunion and third annual convention of the Florida American Legion. The program contains numerous advertisements from businesses around Florida; a list of state officers of the American Legion Department of Florida; information about the American Legion with histories of Florida posts; a program of events; and a history and map of Orlando. The back of the book contains an index of all the businesses advertised.
|m87-46_b001_f01_x03||Official Souvenir Program of the Fourth Annual State Convention of American Legion, 1922||text||Veterans|
Congresses and conventions--Florida--Palm Beach County--Palm Beach
Official Souvenir Program of the Fourth Annual State Convention of American Legion, 1922
- The souvenir program for the annual reunion of ex-servicemen and fourth annual convention of the American Legion. The program contains numerous advertisements from businesses around Florida; a list of state officers of the American Legion Department of Florida; information about the American Legion with histories of Florida posts; a program of events; and a map of West Palm Beach.
|flc_currency_polk-hotel_1925||Polk Hotel Company Mortgage Bond, 1925||text||Bonds -- Florida -- 1800's||/fmp/selected_documents/thumbnails/flc_currency_polk-hotel_1925.jpg
|flc_917.59-f636_01||Turn-by-turn Directions from Bartow to Haines City, 1924||text||Guidebooks|
Turn-by-turn Directions from Bartow to Haines City, 1924
- Turn by turn directions for driving from Bartow to Haines City in Polk County, Florida. State and U.S. highways were not yet marked at this time, hence the need for detailed instructions to motorists traveling along public roadways. Published on page 54 of The Florida Times-Union's "Florida Roads and Resorts," 1924 edition.