|m93-2_b001_f02_09||Tin Can Tourists of the World's 51st annual convention, 1974- program||text||Convention||/fmp/selected_documents/thumbnails/m93-2_b001_f02_09.jpg
|flc_387.1-j147_01||Port of Jacksonville, 1930||text||Ports--Jacksonville (Fla.)|
Port of Jacksonville, 1930
- A booklet issued by the Jacksonville Port Bureau and the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce describing the facilities and amenities available to potential businesses. Includes sections about the Port of Jacksonville; the commerce and harbor of Jacksonville; weather in the city; port administration; port customs and regulations; port facilities; port services and charges; information about loading and discharging vessels; fuel and supplies; steamship agents and brokers; and the railroads at the port.
|s1570_b001_f01_01||Ocklawaha River Basin Restoration Project - booklet||text||/fmp/selected_documents/thumbnails/s1570_b001_f01_01.jpg
Ocklawaha River Basin Restoration Project - booklet
- 1969 (circa)
- Pamphlet describing the history of Lake Apopka and the causes of its polluted state as of the end of the 1960s. A consortium of state agencies was preparing a plan to reverse some of the adverse effects on Lake Apopka by drawing down the water level and consolidating the bottom sediments. The Florida Game and Fresh Water Fish Commission also planned to reduce the number of "rough" fish in the lake.
|sle_real-estate_01||McRorie's Tourist Guide, January 1933||text||Hotels -- Florida -- Guidebooks|
|s732_b002_01||Map Showing Top 8 Sites for a Proposed Space University, 1963||text||Universities and colleges--Planning|
Map Showing Top 8 Sites for a Proposed Space University, 1963
- Map showing the eight leading sites under consideration for the new university in East Central Florida authorized by the legislature in 1963. The university had been called for in a Report on Space Era Education delivered to Governor Farris Bryant earlier in the year.
|s303_b010_f17_19||Letter from Striking Teacher Irma Ray to Commissioner of Education Floyd Christians About the School Crisis, 1968||text||Strikes and lockouts--Teachers|
Teachers' unions--Officials and employees
Labor unions--Political activity
Education and state--Public opinion
Teachers--Salaries, pensions, etc.
|slc_1970-chiles_01||Lawton Chiles U.S. Senate Campaign Progress Reports from Walking Tour of Florida, 1970||text||Political campaigns|
Agriculture and state
Vietnam Conflict, 1961-1975
Lawton Chiles U.S. Senate Campaign Progress Reports from Walking Tour of Florida, 1970
- Series of newsletters published by Lawton Chiles' 1970 campaign for U.S. Senate during Chiles' walk across Florida. The reports describe the route Chiles took, as well as the people he met and the topics they discussed. Other politicians, representing local and state governments, joined Chiles at various points, including state senators Dempsey Barron and Wilbur Boyd, and State Superintendent of Instruction Thomas D. Bailey. Chiles walked all the way from Century in Escambia County to Key Largo, stopping in Tallahassee for the legislative session. Chiles was a state senator representing the Lakeland region at this time.
|sle_transportation_04||Florida Turnpike and Interstate System Brochure, 1966||text||Road maps|
Florida Turnpike and Interstate System Brochure, 1966
- Brochure with detailed map of the Florida Turnpike system, along with other major state and federal highways. Mileage charts and useful information about the Florida Turnpike's facilities are included.