|s1127_b004_f18_x01||Letter from Don Heintzelman to Stanmore Cawthon, 1963||text||Education--Standards|
Mathematics--Study and teaching
Science--Study and teaching
Letter from Don Heintzelman to Stanmore Cawthon, 1963
- A letter from Don Heintzelman, youth program director at the Society of American Military Engineers, to Stanmore Cawthon, editor at the Florida News Bureau, describing the Brevard County Students Mercury Tracking Station test run and requesting news coverage of the event.
|sle_real-estate_01||McRorie's Tourist Guide, January 1933||text||Hotels -- Florida -- Guidebooks|
|s384_b008_f02_02||Rocket City Urban/Suburban Complex Booklet, ca. 1962||text||Real estate business--Florida--Rocket City|
Real estate development--Florida--Rocket City
Land subdivision--Florida--Rocket City
Rocket City Urban/Suburban Complex Booklet, ca. 1962
- 1962 (circa)
- A booklet advertising Rocket City as a great place to invest in and to live. There is information about the features of the planned city, including residential and commercial spaces; statistics about population and corporate growth; a zoning map; a description of some of the planned businesses in the city; and other details about the city's amenities.
|sle_transportation_04||Florida Turnpike and Interstate System Brochure, 1966||text||Road maps|
Florida Turnpike and Interstate System Brochure, 1966
- Brochure with detailed map of the Florida Turnpike system, along with other major state and federal highways. Mileage charts and useful information about the Florida Turnpike's facilities are included.
|n2003-4_f01_x01||Letter from G. E. Spires to Gilbert Carter and Harry Giles, 1925||text||Roads--Design and construction|
Letter from G. E. Spires to Gilbert Carter and Harry Giles, 1925
- A letter from G. E. Spires, cashier at the State Bank of Eau Gallie, to Gilbert Carter and Harry Giles of the Florida Real Estate Corporation regarding the new road that will connect Eau Gallie with the Melbourne Kissimmee Highway (today US 192).
|s1159_b001_f06_01||Letter, Harmon W. Shields to Earl Watkins regarding oyster canning - June 3, 1965||text||Seafood industry|
Letter, Harmon W. Shields to Earl Watkins regarding oyster canning - June 3, 1965
- Written by Harmon W. Shields, Director of marketing for the Florida Board of Conservation to Earl Watkins, city manager of Eau Gallie, Florida in Brevard County. Shields refers to the efforts of a man named Clyde Kitchell to establish an oyster cannery in Eau Gallie, and asks Watkins to do what he can to help with any potential zoning issues. Shields justifies this action by linking the oyster cannery with an economic boost for Eau Gallie and the state.
|s732_b002_01||Map Showing Top 8 Sites for a Proposed Space University, 1963||text||Universities and colleges--Planning|
Map Showing Top 8 Sites for a Proposed Space University, 1963
- Map showing the eight leading sites under consideration for the new university in East Central Florida authorized by the legislature in 1963. The university had been called for in a Report on Space Era Education delivered to Governor Farris Bryant earlier in the year.