|Florida Forward||Florida Forward||Citrus juices |
- 1957 (circa)
- The key to the FDC collection, this film tells in Kodachrome the story of the Florida Development Commission and the materials they handle, including brochures, coupons and photos. It shows photographers at work with models. The cinematographer uses a Kodak Cine-Special and one photographer goes underwater. A family arrives at the Welcome Center and gets a glass of orange juice. There are some industrial scenes, an aerial shot of the Old Capitol and a shot of the Sunshine Skyway. The film describes the Hospital Division and the Surplus Property Division. There is an introduction by Gov. LeRoy Collins and J. Saxton Lloyd (Chairman of FDC). The film shows an FDC meeting. Produced by Carey-Swain Inc.; sponsored by FDC.
|fvc916||Florida Seafare||Apalachicola Seafood Festival|
Florida Development Commission
U.S. Dept. of Commerce
Florida Deptartment of Natural Resources
National Marine Fisheries
- This film shows the many types of commercially harvested seafood in Florida. Scenes include: commercial fishermen; oystermen; crabbing; shrimping; and seine net fishing for mullet. Additional scenes include a folk singing couple at the 6th Annual Apalachicola Seafood Festival. Produced by: Barton Films; U.S. Dept. of Commerce; NOAA; Florida Department of Natural Resources; and National Marine Fisheries.
|GOV. FARRIS BRYANT PRESS CONFERENCE ||GOV. FARRIS BRYANT PRESS CONFERENCE ||Civil rights|
GOV. FARRIS BRYANT PRESS CONFERENCE
- Tension mounts in this press conference when Gov. Farris Bryant declines to comment at length on the purpose of a secretive personal trip to Washington, D.C. He remarks on the use of the Florida National Guard in response to racial or civil unrest, construction plans for the Florida causeway and the success of the Florida Development Commission. Gov. Bryant also comments on the arrest of Elizabeth Peabody, mother of then-Massachusetts Gov. Endicott Peabody, for her participation in a civil rights march in St. Augustine. Produced by the Florida Development Commission.
|GOV. FARRIS BRYANT TOURISM REPORT ||GOV. FARRIS BRYANT TOURISM REPORT ||Economic conditions|
GOV. FARRIS BRYANT TOURISM REPORT
- This is kinescope television footage of Gov. Bryant commenting on tourism and the benefits it brings to the state. Florida Development Commissioner Wendell Jarrard details the marketing strategies Florida uses to reach potential tourists. Produced by the Florida Development Commission.
|fvc912||Skiing in Dixie||White, Ken|
Annual Dixie Water Ski Tournament
American Water Ski Association
Florida Development Commission
Skiing in Dixie
- This narrated film covers the 18th Annual Dixie Water Ski Tournament, held by the American Water Ski Association at Cypress Gardens. The courses involve trick riding, slalom and jumping. Skiers featured include: "Joker" Osborn; Ken White; Joe Cash; Mike Osborn; Buster McCalla; Paul Merrill; Jimmy Jackson; and Ron Marks. Produced by the Florida Development Commission.
|fvc921||Tomorrow's Treasures ||Marine biology--Research|
Oceanographic research stations--Florida
- 1967 (circa)
- This film begins with underwater scenes of a treasure chest and a sailboat moving through the water. This is followed with an introduction by Governor Claude Kirk, in which he describes the many advantages Florida has with regard to marine research and marine resources. The film goes on to list the many marine institutions and industries devoted to research and resources in Florida. Produced by the Florida Development Commission, and Advantage Inc., Ft. Lauderdale.