- Mrs. R.B. Sensabaugh presents a Confederate flag to Mrs. O. C. Mayo - Tallahassee, Florida
- Mrs. Sensabaugh's grandfather, Capt. Patrick Houston, was an officer of the Kilcrease Artillery.
- Mrs. Mayo was "custodian" of the Anna Jackson Chapter, UDC.
- Mrs. R.B. Sensabaugh is on the right and this was photographed during a meeting of the United Daughters of the Confederacy.
- The flag was made from the wedding dress of Governor Albert W. Gilchrist's mother. The side showing consists of heavily embroidered silk, emblazoned with the words "Kilcrease Light Artillery, 1863"; above the emblem, in French, are the words "God and my right." The actual confederate flag is on the reverse side, and is made of the same material.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Reference collection »
Order by Mail
State Archives of Florida
500 S. Bronough St.
MS #9 D
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0250
(Please do not send cash in the mail.)
Order by Phone
Archives Photographic and Film Unit
Please include the image number, size of the print desired, and cropping instructions with your order.
The image number for this photograph is: RC11469.
Mailing fees: The fee is $2 for purchases under $50 and $4 for purchases over $50.
Please include the image number and size of the print desired with your order. For video duplication, include the film title and format desired.
|5" x 7" black & white prints
|5" x 7" color prints
|8" x 10" black & white prints
|8" x 10" color prints
|11" x 14" black & white prints
|11" x 14" color prints
|16" x 20" black & white prints
|Negatives of photos in collection
|Sepia toning of prints
High Resolution Scans
Scanned @300 DPI
Oversize or fragile documents may not be eligible for scanning.
|$10.00 per image
When ordering copies of a photograph, unless otherwise specified, the dimensions of the original image will be preserved. This means that there may be white space around the image on the paper.
You may choose to have an image cropped to fit standard frame sizes, but please be aware that part of the image may be lost in the cropping.
Entire image on 8x10 paper
White space above and below the image.
Part of the image is lost in the cropping.