- WCTV reporter Julie Montanaro covering the 2000 presidential election vote dispute in Tallahassee, Florida.
- Photographed in December 2000.
- The Tallahassee Downtown Improvement Authority (TDIA) authorizing legislation was created by an act of the Florida legislature in 1971, as a special assessment district. The mission of the TDIA is to promote downtown Tallahassee as a place for business and entertainment. The TDIA was created as a special assessment district by authorizing legislation passed by the Florida Legislature (chapters 71-935 and 91-394, codified as Chapter 2003-356, Laws of Florida). The district's boundaries are Tennessee Street on the north, Gadsden Street on the East, Jefferson Street on the south, and Bronough Street on the west. A board of directors appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City of Tallahassee Commission governs the TDIA. Board members must be property owners and tax payers within the TDIA district.
- To accomplish its goals, the TDIA assists in creating reports and surveys about the downtown area which have led to a variety of projects and programs relating to parking, pedestrian accommodations, business, and recreational opportunties. Over the years the TDIA has also created events to promote the downtown area. Some, such as the Downtown Market and the Winter Festival, continue to this day. The TDIA also promotes the beautification of the downtown district through new banners and other aesthetic programs. TDIA also participates in commemorative events such as the celebration of the Florida A&M University Marching Band participating in the Bastille Day Bicentennial.
- 1 photoprint - col. - 6 x 4 in.
Order by Mail
State Archives of Florida
500 S. Bronough St.
MS #9 D
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0250
(Please do not send cash in the mail.)
Order by Phone
Archives Photographic and Film Unit
Please include the image number, size of the print desired, and cropping instructions with your order.
The image number for this photograph is: TDI392.
Mailing fees: The fee is $2 for purchases under $50 and $4 for purchases over $50.
Please include the image number and size of the print desired with your order. For video duplication, include the film title and format desired.
|5" x 7" black & white prints
|5" x 7" color prints
|8" x 10" black & white prints
|8" x 10" color prints
|11" x 14" black & white prints
|11" x 14" color prints
|16" x 20" black & white prints
|Negatives of photos in collection
|Sepia toning of prints
High Resolution Scans
Scanned @300 DPI
Oversize or fragile documents may not be eligible for scanning.
|$10.00 per image
When ordering copies of a photograph, unless otherwise specified, the dimensions of the original image will be preserved. This means that there may be white space around the image on the paper.
You may choose to have an image cropped to fit standard frame sizes, but please be aware that part of the image may be lost in the cropping.
Entire image on 8x10 paper
White space above and below the image.
Part of the image is lost in the cropping.